Read my recap of hiphop webtoon Move The Crowd’s twentieth chapter.
익명성 (2) (Anonymity (2))
At the beginning of this chapter, we see that as expected it was Ahn Chulmin‘s follower Go Jasung who destroyed SHYONE‘s studio and wrote the hateful comments to the article about 2Sik and Skratch‘s song. Meanwhile, Doosik and Sung-gi are blaming each other for being at fault for the bad comments, so Doosik goes outside for a while to avoid Sung-gi until the latter leaves for his part-time job. Doosik misses Jiyun but doesn’t dare to contact her since he still thinks that she has a boyfriend now. Then suddenly a girl starts talking to him, saying they had met before when Doosik went with a group of rappers to eat meat. She was the one sitting next to Lee Youngsoo …
- Go Jasung explains how comments online work: “the first comment is extremely important because it has a great influence on the following ones. Of course there are many listeners who state their opinion without caring about what others say, but most of them don’t dare stating a different opinion from others. Because when they have a different opinion it either gets ignored or they are insulted as having bad hearing. Of course, these rules do not apply when music is super dope or a bunch of crap, since skills don’t lie. I am now using that mass psychology to write the first comment with hateful content and write more of them to instigate even more hateful comments.”
- Go Jasung then adds: “while I am explaining this, I am Ahn Chulmin’s servant Go Jasung. If So Sung-gi’s nickname is “small sung-gi” (=small dick), then my nickname is “goja sung-gi” (=eunuch).”
- This episode features the Hongdae playground.
- We see that Doosik wrote Jiyun: “when I’m done with working on this [mixtape] later, let’s go out for a meal some time.” She agreed on the date but then Doosik was too busy to contact her and now that he has time again he thinks that she’s gotten herself a boyfriend.
- One reader noted in the comments that the outfit of the girl who approaches Doosik is very Christmassy (green top and red pants).
If you have a Naver account, please do rate and like the webtoon to support the authors!
Image source: ROKHipHop