Read my recap of hiphop webtoon Move The Crowd’s fifth chapter.
한국힙합의 현실 (The Reality of Korean HipHop)
2SIK sleeps over at the blond girl’s place. We get to see his stylish mohawk haircut and his perfectly toned muscular body. He eats the kimchi stew the blond girl left for him and his abdomen turns from a sickpack to a paunch. Our main character then calls SHYONE who invites him to the studio. On the way to the studio, he flirts with a few girls until SHYONE arrives and they head to the studio together where Skratch is currently recording, Daeman is there as well.
SHYONE then asks 2SIK what he plans to do from now on, which the latter answers with plans to release his mixtapes online and to hand them out ‘offline’. However, SHYONE faces him with the harsh reality that dozens of mixtapes are being released every day and that it is hard to become popular that way. He explains that most rappers do two jobs, go figure why well-known rappers appear on TV. His advice for Doosik is to get a job first. When he inquires about where Doosik is going to stay, the reply is: “Don’t worry about that, I have plenty places to sleep at.”
I sense problems arising from his playboy behavior sooner or later. With SHYONE’s phone, he calls one of the girls he had met earlier in Hongdae and meets her …
- Swings (Twitter)
- They make references to Show Me The Money and the infamous cypher mission. SHYONE’s explanation for that embarrassing behavior is that even rappers who are well-known in the underground do not earn enough and need two jobs to survive. So they go on the show to become more famous and earn more money.
- You can recognize Swings by his tattoo, which is of course true to the original.
- Doosik mentions R.O.K Hiphop, saying they’ll upload an article about his mixtape if he sends them one.
- Skratch raps about how he won’t brag about money as he can’t even pay the bus fare.
- The name of their studio is DP Studio.
Never noticed butDoosik has an earring in his left ear.
- In the close-up of his naked upper body, we see a bit more of the tattoo on 2SIK’s right arm, it looks like an angel?
- When Doosik rings the bell at the blond girl’s place, she tells him that the door is open and he should come in. Apparently, quite a lot of Koreans leave their doors unlocked which robbers take advantage of. Never leave your door unlocked.