Jazz hiphop producer Shirosky will be releasing her first full-length album titled [La lecture] on November 9, 2015.
Named after French artist Pierre-Auguste Renoir’s painting [La lecture], the album expresses Shirosky’s transformation inspired by those who provided [her] direction, exemplified by the vast contribution by several names in the featured artists, mixing and engineering of the album tracks. These include producer Pe2ny, MYK and Illinit (who all have been with Shirosky since her first album), DJ Schedule1 (who acted as Shirosky’s DJ mentor), rappers MC META and ZIZO, as well as DJ Juice, who collaborated in the track ‘Can you do that?.’ Other featured artists include MINI, KIZK, LONG:D, Manju Pocket, and American rapper Marchitect.
The album artwork is created by French artist Yannick Candin, and the video footages and photos are by Blockheads Lab. The music video for her title track Tie-dye was created by the animation team from Daegu University and can be viewed here.
[La lecture] tracklist:
01. INTRO(Feat.KIZK) 1:37
02. Last Flight 3:36
03. V(Feat. ZIZO, LONG:D, DJ Juice) 3:48
04. Tie-Dye(Feat.Manju of Manju Pocket) 3:39
05. Capricious & Addicted(Feat.Marchitect of The 49ers, Illa) 3:42
06. 삑사리(Feat.MC META, DJ Schedule1) 4:22
07. I Need You Love Right Now(Feat.MINI) 2:03
08. Empyrean(Feat.MYK) 3:39
09. I’ll Remember April 2:42
10. Blossom 4:07
11. Rain Boots 2:50 – CD only
12. The Seeker In The West 2:57 – CD only
13. From Earth 3:15
14. Tie-Dye(Instrumental) 3:38
15. Empyrean(Instrumental) 3:38
The album will be available on November 9, 2015. Check out the music video for her track Empyrean featuring MYK below: