On September 12, HILITE Records CEO and Show Me the Money 4 producer Paloalto was featured on the recent airing of KBS Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook (KBS 유희열의 스케치북). In the short interview, Paloalto discussed the meaning behind his name, the reason behind his participation as a producer in Show Me the Money 4, and much more. Check out the article for details!
- Paloalto debuted about 11-12 years ago
- Paloalto featured on a show for the first time in 2015 (Show Me the Money 4, YHH’s Sketchbook)
- Paloalto considers himself a Korean hiphop “fairy” in making artists featured on his album famous (e.g., Beenzino, Junggigo)
- The name “Paloalto” was chosen after the Palo Alto, California. He mentions that he lived there briefly when he was young. In Spanish, Palo alto means “Tall Stick (Tall Tree)”
- Paloalto married his wife this past February and decided to be more aggressive in promoting himself as an artist. The decision was influenced by his wife who wanted to see him on SMTM4.
- Paloalto explains the difference between Eastcoast vs. Westcoast vs. Southern hiphop
- Paloalto’s dream is to “never lose his soul” throughout his hiphop career