Read my recap of hiphop webtoon Move The Crowd’s twenty-second chapter.
익명성 (4) (Anonymity (4))
At the beginning of this chapter, we find out that Doosik actually noticed that Ji-eun was recording with her cellphone, however he just shrugs it off thinking that she probably pressed the record button on accident. He is also angry about the people who destroyed SHYONE‘s studio and decides to go and help clean up the mess.
When he arrives at the club for his part-time job, Vasco greets him and asks why he looks so down. Doosik tells him about the negative comments his song with Skratch has been getting and asks if Vasco doesn’t feel offended if people leave bad comments to his music. Vasco replies that yes, of course he feels offended. Nevertheless, negative comments are better than no comments at all. These words of advice lift Doosik’s spirit.
The next day, Skratch, Daeman, and Doosik are heading to the studio to clean up the mess. They meet Deepflow on the way who greets them friendly but stares at Daeman.
While they clean up the studio, Shiwon asks the three if there is anyone who has a grudge against them but all three negate it.
In the evening, after cleaning up, Shiwon monitors 2Sik and Skratch rehearsing. Doosik is still reading the negative comments and is especially angry at one comment that insults his mother. He swears to find the guy who wrote it and “kill” him, but Skratch and Shiwon tell him that it’s no use: those who write those comments are losers in real life who can’t even open their mouth, negative comments are better than no comments at all and he should just ignore them.
The next week, the article about 2Sik’s mixtape is posted online. Thanks to the advice he has gotten, Doosik is prepared for any negative reactions that might come but the post doesn’t get any comments at all …
At the end of this chapter, Daeman is wondering why Deepflow is friendly to everyone but stares only at him so scarily, even fears that Deepflow might hate him. However, what Deepflow actually thinks is: “I think I’ve seen that guy a few times somewhere, I have no idea who he is but he’s really handsome, perfect from his hairstyle to his eyes, nose and mouth. I’d like to make him my successor!”
- Doosik wonders who on earth would have anything against the super nice SHYONE, unknowing that he is the cause of the destroyed studio.
- Vasco says to Doosik: “A real man shouldn’t get all worked up about a few negative comments,” but when he reads them, he wordlessly pats Doosik’s back.
- When Shiwon asks if there’s anyone who has a grudge against them, Doosik thinks of Lee Youngsoo and the blonde girl.
- The comment insulting his mother reads: “2Sik seems like a f*cking retard. He says he lived in a neighborhood where people walk around with bulletproof vests and shoot guns? Isn’t a mother who brings up her child in such a place a nutter?”
- Here’s what Skratch says about the people who write those harrassing comments: “They’re only like that online, if they stand in front of you they can’t say a word, they’re losers. And most of them are little kids. What do you want to do? Find them, beat them and get sued for it?”
- SHYONE’s wise words: “What can you do? Musicians need people’s interest to earn even a mere 5 won. As long as it’s no constructive criticism, just ignore the haters.”
If you have a Naver account, please do rate and like the webtoon to support the authors!
Image source: ROKHipHop